Sunday 24 January 2016

Bekam Aesthetic : Amidst Sunnah and Beauty


Assalammualaikum

Hello lovelies!

Beckham and his bekam :'D

Have you ever heard of Bekam? Bekam or Hijama is the Arabic traditional medicine for wet cupping, where blood is drawn by vacuum from a small skin incision for therapeutic purposes (Wikipedia). Whereas Bekam Aesthetic is the combination of Chinese acupuncture and facial cupping which is done for beauty purposes. For Muslims, I bet it is no longer off-the-wall especially with the mushrooming traditional health clinics and spas introducing this sunnah practice.

Today I was given a chance to experience first hand Bekam Aesthetic at a leading spa in my home town which is Solid Spa. This spa is owned by Pn Sarina Marzuki. Fyp, Solid Spa has recently bring its beauty game into the next level by incorporating this Bekam Aesthetic in its service line. And coincidently, few days before, my friend Farah had just shared with me her experience of getting needles pricked on skin and blood sucked out! Sounds creepy at first but from her latest skin condition I can tell that it works!

My bekam session was handled by two lovely therapist aka practical students. The session begin by applying oil all over my face and a brief facial massage to relieve my tense. Then the cups were applied on my cheeks with a vacuum pump and they are removed after few minutes. This pre-suction process was done to let my skin sore a little so that I wont feel the pain during puncture. At this moment, the reddish and blue-black marks start to appear on my face. I did feel some tingling going on my skin but I can still hold it in. Now the creepiest part begin. The therapist punctured my skin with pen needles for 5-6 times at each point. Although it was just ant-bite-like-sensation, however the sound produced by the needles freaked me out! When the cups were applied for the second time, blood starts to flow out from the tiny incisions. These processes were repeated on five points of my face until all complete.

-----POST-TREATMENT-----


I looked like I have cleft chin


Most prominent marks are on both temples


Tadaaa..! Its cover-able

Photos above are my post-treatment skin w/o makeup on *except a lippie which I took an hour after the treatment. I am more than relieved that both marks on my cheeks are so mild that they are almost invisible. The most prominent marks are on both of my temples which I have no idea why. Lucky enough, they are covered by scarf so its not a big deal. The point on my chin released the most blood to the point that I can literally feel the blood flowing out of my skin into the cup. The mark is pretty visible but as Pn Sarina said, good makeup trick might do the job. She also advised me to do cold-compression to assist in fading away the marks faster. 

This service is offered at reasonable price of RM5/cup. However, Bekam Aesthetic is only available on weekend. Pn Sarina also mentioned that in the mean time, Solid Spa is having promotion on their treatment up to 70%! Holla guys, this is the perfect time for you to pamper yourself and start fresh in 2016. If you ask me, will I do this again in future time? I absolutely will!

Benefits of Bekam Aesthetic:
Increased circulation and absorption of nutrients to the skin
Improved absorption of facial products
Drainage of stagnant fluids
Reduced puffiness and edema
Tone skin, promote circulation & elasticity
Improve & encourage natural collagen production
Stimulate skin renewal & repair
Smooth fine lines & wrinkles
Wipe-away daily stress for a healthy youthful glow
Relieve migraines, sinus congestion, cold & cough

Facebook
Solid Spa
No 2-1 Tingkat Atas, Lorong 1, Taman Sri Langkap,
Jalan Chui Chak, 3600 Langkap, Perak.
019-422 3937

2 comments:

  1. Hey I really did not know about the traditional medicine Bekam. It is quite new to me but I am very impressed to know about it. I think it works in same way in which acupuncture works. Isn’t it? Actually I have got the leg pain relief acupuncture in Mississauga so I am saying all this.

    ReplyDelete